Columbia College will ONLY accept on-line auditions. If you wish to be considered for ANY of the campus performance groups or TALENT AWARDS, you must complete the following process. Fill out the on-line application FIRST then proceed to the following for instructions to submit your video recording.
Use the best quality video and audio recording devices possible. The performance should be recorded as if you are at a "live" audition. Your performance should not be edited; with no stopping of the recording during the entire audition recording.
The recording should include at least one full piece, in any style that provides evidence of your full range and technical abilities.
* State your full name and the ensemble for which you are auditioning
* State the date
At the conclusion of the performance portion of the audition the applicant is asked to announce that they have "reached the end of my audition" and restate their name.
Turn off recording device.
After the applicant completes the Columbia College video audition recording, they will post the audition on YouTube in the following manner and send a private link to the director per the instructions below.
YouTube Video Submission Instructions
If you do not already have a YouTube account:
1. Go to http://www.youtube.com/
2. Click on Create Account on the top right
3. Fill in all the information
4. Click on create account
5. On the top right hand corner you will see your new account
6. Check your email, as a confirmation email address will be sent to you
7. Click on the link to verify your email address
8. If you do not receive a confirmation email within a few minutes, check your bulk or spam folders
9. At this stage you can change your email or edit the information you gave by clicking either of the blue links at the bottom of the page
Once you have your account:
1. Click on the yellow Upload button located on the top right
2. If you recorded the video from an external source and have the video file, you can select Video File from the upload pop-up menu
3. If you have a built-in camera click Quick Capture from the upload pop-up menu
Setting up access to view your video:
4. Go to My Videos (located in the drop down menu next to your username)
5. Click on Uploaded Videos
6. Select the preferred clip by checking the box to the left of the video, then click the Edit button
7. Change the Title of the video to Columbia College [Ensemble Name] Audition: Your Name Example: Columbia College Jane Froman Singers Audition: John Smith
8. Click the Save Changes button
9. Scroll down to Broadcasting and Sharing Options
IMPORTANT: Select UNLISTED, check the Limited access URL box, then COPY and PASTE the FULL link into the body of an email addressed to the director of the music program.
10.Please test the link before you send it. You can log out of YouTube and send the link to a second email address you may have or to a family member.
11. Send link and contact information to:
We strongly suggest that you do not make your clips available to anyone other than the designated audition recipient.
Columbia College does not offer technical support for YouTube, please visit YouTube help with any technical issues.